Search Baja California

Mexican Tourist Permit - FMM

Mexican tourist permits or a Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMMs) are required for all non-Mexican citizens entering Baja. The new law as of Sept 2015 - There is still the “free zone” for cars; they do not need to be bonded into Baja. When traveling to Mexico as a tourist, you must obtain an FMM tourist permit. You must show proof of citizenship (a valid passport, birth certificate and photo ID, or voter’s card and photo ID) to obtain a permit.

Everyone entering Mexico will need to obtain an FMM from immigration office as you enter the country. you will need your passport or passport card to obtain an FMM. You must have a valid tourist permit if you: • Remain within the border zone, the area within 20 to 30 kilometers (12 miles) of the U.S. border, for more than 72 hours or • Travel beyond the border zone

Permits issued at:
• Mexican consulates in the United States and Canada
• Immigration offices at official points of entry

Cost for a tourist permit is approximately $20 (U.S.) which must be
paid at a Mexican bank (see list on back of tourist permit form) or
through the bank window at the border. You are required to show the
“Fee Paid” stamp on your tourist permit when leaving Mexico.
Recommendation: obtain your tourist permit before leaving the United
States and pay the fee at the border.

Your should stop at the immigration office as you enter the country. The Mexican immigration offices are at every border crossing. The Tijuana Immigration office stats that they are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  Present your passport or passport card at the immigration office and
fill out the FMM form, then walk to a nearby bank to pay the $390 peso fee for the permit. To finish the process you will return to the immigration office to get your FMM tourist permit processed and stamped.


If you are flying to Mexico from the U.S., the airlines will provide you with the paperwork for the FMM tourist permit and FMM tourist permit fee should be included in the price of your airplane ticket. If you are flying from Tijuana, you can obtain your FMM tourist permit at the Tijuana airport.

If you are crossing into Mexico by sea and not stopping on land, you need to obtain a nautical FMM tourist permit at the first port of entry.

Why Join the Baja Good Lide Club? Get Your Benefits! Save Big on Baja!

BAJA GOOD LIFE CLUB Join the Baja Good Life Club today and SAVE big on Baja! Get Mexican Auto Insurance for for as low as $84.00 / year.

No comments:

Post a Comment